You will laugh about this one day.
There are few things promised to us. Of the unlimited number of circumstances we can expect, I assure you that you will collect moments that leave you feeling empty, cringing, and regretful. However, there will also be moments that teach you to laugh about all the moments you lacked luster. Eventually, there will be a grand moment where you realize that you are okay.
Among these definite realities are a few likely moments that you will encounter during your younger years– welcomed or not.
- First of all, you will always wonder what would have happened if you had done everything differently. This may feel like retrospective regret when in reality it’s your hyper-focus on time that’s bearing on your life. Remember though, that you are in your twenties, you have the rest of your life to do things differently. Don’t validate your regret by assuring yourself that life is not promised, instead, do something significant and focus on that.
- If you’re looking for a reason to acknowledge the so-called coincidence that’s been lurking in your to-do list, do it. This is your twenties, fuck up a bit. It builds character.
- You have likely embarrassed yourself completely and feared that you would never recover. Laugh it off. You’ll do worse – but you’ll also get better.
- You drunk texted somebody at 4 a.m. in an attempt to get over the loneliness you were feeling. It’s not romantic to remember someone when you’re too drunk to remember yourself – it’s a hypothetically excusable act of perceivable bravery that you’re not going to be fond of when the hangover kicks in.
- All things in life are connected to other things but some of these things don’t actually matter to you. Stop looking for divine meanings in everything that hurts you and start seeking pursuits of happiness instead.
- If you surround yourself with people that you don’t like, you will become a person that you don’t like.
- You will struggle to accomplish many things. Some of these things are worth the time. Other defeats are likely trying to tell you to make time for different things. How you chose to navigate this is entirely up to you.
- You will miss the people you loved for the rest of your life. Even if you don’t like them anymore. This love, however, will feel like a benchmark during your twenties. Don’t spend the rest of your life looking for someone who left you.
- Finally, of all the perceivable outcomes of your life, you’re chances of feeling a moment of completely euphoric happiness is favourable. And at this moment, every daunting moment will feel like minimal impacts on your timeline. These moments, however, will not happen if you spend your days recycling the countless, unstoppable collection of setbacks, awkward moments, and regrettable choices that flow through your twenties.
Go easy on yourself.